You focus on the home, we’ll focus on the loan.
SMACU offers competitive low rates with a personal mortgage specialist ready to lend a hand. Whether you’ve already found your next home or you’re just starting your search, SMACU can make the financing part easy. We’ll make sure to get you the lowest rate we can and help you with a term that’s right for you and your goals. And with today’s tight market, it’s smart to get pre-approved giving you a buyers advantage! Come talk to us today.
Already have a home? Refinancing may be right for you. Or, if you need to use your equity in your home – we can help with that too.
- Both rates and closing costs are competitively low
- Flexible terms—pick what’s right for your situation
- A partner you can trust: we have experience with the local market
- We also offer pre-approval for extra bargaining power
- Buy a first home, second home, vacation home, or investment property
- Receive assistance for your first time buying a home
- Refinance your current mortgage, and save
- Sign select documents online with our eSignature
- Work with friendly, experienced loan advisors
Fixed Rate Mortgages
Locking into a 5, 10, 15, or 20-year fixed rate mortgage can help a member find a manageable payment making owning a home very simple.
Adjustable Rate Mortgages
Offering a 5-year balloon loan amortized over 30 years gives members the flexibility to their financial needs.
Home Equity Loans
A More Secure Way to Borrow
Your home has value. A home equity loan can help you make the most of it. By putting your home as collateral, you can secure a lower interest rate and pay for big expenses such as a home remodel, college, or consolidate debt.
What type of Home Equity Loan is right for me?
If you do not know how much money you will need, or if you plan on using the money over an extended period of time, you may want a home equity line-of-credit. With a line-of-credit, you have a maximum limit and are charged interest only on the amount you use at any given time. You will receive convenience checks so that you can write a check for the amount you need or deposit it into your SMACU checking account.
If you plan on making one single purchase, or you know the amount of money you need, you may want a fixed rate home equity loan. That means you receive the entire balance at the time you take out the loan.
The Local Difference
SMACU is locally managed and staffed, so we know what it is like to have a home here. When you call, we answer the phone and we’ll make sure the loan terms and monthly payment work for you.
- Competitively low rates
- Interest may be tax-deductible
- Refinancing available to lower your monthly payments
- Local decision making and processing
Click the links below for useful guides and info on Mortgages.
SMACU NMLS ID#413321
Joyce Singer NMLS ID#415977