SMACU investment goals; from short to long term.
A certificate of deposit is an account with a set dividend rate and maturity date. Its a way to earn higher returns if you are willing to give up some liquidity.
Penalties may apply for any certificate that is closed prior to contracted maturity date. For additional information, please contact the credit union.
- Certificate deposits start at just $500
- Certificate terms range from 3 months to 60 months
- Dividends on 3-month certificates are calculated on the daily balance and compounded and paid at maturity
- Dividends on all of the other certificates are calculated on the daily balance and compounded and paid quarterly
- Our 24-month certificate has a one-time adjustable-rate feature. At any time during the term of your certificate you may adjust to the current 24-month rate while maintaining the original maturity date.