Start Saving Young.
When it comes to financial responsibility, we’re big believers in starting young. We encourage you to help your children open their own accounts and learn how to handle money—even if they’re just starting out in life.
Our Kid’s Club account is an excellent way to encourage financial literacy in our youth. Teaching these concepts as soon as possible ensures financial success for the future.
Requirements: Kid’s Club is available to anyone who qualifies for membership and is under age 18. The member must have a savings account and an adult co-signer who is eligible for membership.
Services for Kid’s Club
As a youth member of SMACU, you can take advantage of the following services free of charge:
- Special Share Interest Rate of 0.50% APY on balances up to $3,000; then 0.15% APY on balances over $3,000
- $10 per semester for 3.0+ GPA
- $200 minimum to open certificates
- Exclusive promotions
- New account opening gift
- Special birthday card
- Checking account at age 10
- Debit card/Prepaid card at age 10